Dennis Richards (Delaney). Was born in New Town, Basseterre, St. Kitts, to Roy Delaney and Frances Richards of St. Kitts.
1982 Painter, Sculptor and Graphic Artist, and musician – Dennis Richards’ first exhibited his work at Liamuiga Gallery, Basseterre, St. Kitts and at Spencer Cameron Art Gallery dubbed “Portrait Of An Artist.” In 1992, Dennis was privileged to meet the illustrious talk show host Oprah Winfrey who purchased one of his paintings.
Currently a selection of Dennis’ Paintings can be viewed at the General Post Office, The Treasury Building, The National Olympic House and the National Bank on Port Zante, where he has 16 original paintings on exhibit.
– Graphic Designer
– Fine Artist
– Formerly schooled at Basseterre Boys School, Irish Town and the Basseterre high School in St. Kitts before moving to New York City and attending Morris High School.
– New York City Community College. (NYCCC) – Associate of Applied Science (AASc.) Design Drafting
– City College of New York (CCNY) Bachelor of Science (Bsc.) in Education
– Venezuela Institute – Certificate of Art
– Cameraman at the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis.
– Acting Government Printer (Government of St. Kitts and Nevis).
– Para-Professional – District #9 (New York City).
– Lecturer of Art, Computer Application and Timber at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College (St. Kitts).
Skills & Current Activities:
– Running of the Government Print works
– Preparing and organizing work for the printing press, including mixing of inks
– Work with and support young people in the subject of remedial Mathematics
– Lecturer of Cape Art and Art to the Architectural, and Timber Students.
– Teacher of Basic Construction and Timber, to the Timber Students.
– Painting, Sculpture and Graphic Arts
– Owner of Booyork’s Art Gallery/Graphics, Sir Lee Moore Building, College St.
– First to own a Trade Mark SKB Black Sand T- Shirt Line (St. Kitts)
– Sold painting to Oprah Winfrey
– Exhibited at Liamuiga Gallery, Spencer Cameron Art Gallery and Haus Der Kunst Gallery.
– Loaned 16 original paintings to St. Kitts National Bank (Port Zante)
– Worked as Acting Government Printer, Government Printers, St. Kitts.
– Appeared on Carib Scope and on CNN (Breakfast with the Arts) in Europe (2000).
– Featured in the St. Kitts Nevis Visitor Magazine and the Independence 14th Anniversary magazine.
– Designer Census Stamps on Population and Housing.
– A winner of the 10th Anniversary Stamp competition.
– The winner of the logo competition of the 25th Anniversary Celebrations. (To date I have designed 9 sets of stamps)
– Designer of the following logos seen around the Islands:
Independence Celebration 1983, the ministry of Tourism; Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB); The Fulton Bakery; The Children’s Dance Theatre; The Press Kit cover for the 12th Conference of Caricom Heads of Governmen Meeting; most notably Lambert’s Plantation Inn and the log to commemorate to 150th of the abolition of Slavery, erected in the form of a Sculpture at the Deep Water Port, and many more.
– Dennis has appeared with some of the region’s top fashion designers at the Marriott resort in St. Kitts, most recently presenting at the “ Show me your body” fashion show, displaying Black Sand T- Shirts. Winning Designer of Bath suits and Gowns featured in the Miss. St. Kitts-Nevis Queen show.
– Designer and painter of the Backdrop for the Carifesta Celebrations
– Has played Cricket for the various teams: Youngsters, Renown, Eskimo and the Garden Cricket Clubs.A Member of the National Stage Management Team.
– Played Music in The Apollo Theatre in St. Kitts and New York.
– Opening Act for Beris Hammond, Marcia Griffith (Bob Marley and the Whalers, Third World Buju Banton, Frankie Paul and many others to numerous to mention.
– Was a member of the New Concept (Bass Player) that Toured the Caribbean in 1972 including St. Kitts.
– The winner of a design to mark the 150th Anniversary of the Abolition of Slavery, a Sculpture of the design was erected at the Deep Water Port, the 58th meeting of the International Whaling Commission Logo, Posters and Flyers.
– Designed the Krunkitts Logo and packages designs for Nova foods ltd.
– Participated as a Background Vocalist with Mick Hyliger and Wongo in 2004 St. Kitts Music Festival staring Keith Pole and Bing Charles in collaboration with Tornado
– Currently, I am the Chairman of Beautification committee, Chairman of the Decorating committee for Graduation and Chairman of the Open Day committee at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College.
– Coordinator of the CXC Art exhibition 2012, Port Zante St. Kitts.
– Was Acting Head of the Timber Department at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College.
– Was commissioned to design the C.A. Paul Southwell National Arts Festival Logo.